Yoga for Life-Tips from Erich Schiffman!
Erich’s teachings for yoga and life:
- Yoga is the inquiry into truth.
- Yoga is conscious union with the infinite that is being expressed by you.
- Remember to do a “Pause Practice” regularly, as often as you can remember. This is where you pause, exhale and relax. Do this whenever you remember to do it, and as often as you can. I’ll be offering a Pause Practice @ IMCW November 18th!
- Go into listen mode more often. Be attentive and aware and universal. Wisdom will have a place to come in.
- Love is the willingness to recognize that which is real.
- Regularly as yourself, “What is the Truth here really?”
- Allow yourself to “silent mind it” and be willing to not know all the answers all the time.
- Relax More. Love more. Trust more (and be brave in the trusting). This is not easy. It’s simple, but not easy.
- In your yoga practice- look for moments to linger, flow on, pause, slow down, and change it up. Channel your poses through the energy in your body. Think about what you are energizing, what thoughts you energize, and what you give your attention to.
- Find some patterns in the body that you like to practice.
- When you start a free form yoga practice, start with the postures you know and look for options and choices in the poses, and get into it a little more with the breath to help guide you. It’s important to learn from a school of yoga, get the basic form and alignment, to have some discipline around the learning of the system BUT eventually the discipline dissolves and intuitive practice guides. Do enough movements so that it feels GOOD! It’s nice to do both formal practice and free form practice.